Friday, March 13, 2009

Introducing the M.B.M....

Okay.... So I decided to do a completely separate blog focusing on conceptions, thoughts, trials and tribulations of not only being a Black man in America, but being a M.B.M., Muslim Black Man in America. Too often, I find myself dealing with conflicts of being a Muslim and still maintain my identity as a Black man.

I talk to my friends all the time about how I often feel that the African American Muslim experience is neglected from society and the media. Whenever there is an "interfaith" panel or rountable discussion the Muslim presence is always someone from the Middle East. Now I am in no way bashing my Muslim brothers and sisters from other places, but frankly... I dont always relate. This is where my blog begins. I often have so many rambling going on in my head and very few people I can talk to.

In case anyone has any ill misconceptions already.. This is not a Nation of Islam soapbox. Though I respect the Nation and its history and presence, I am not a member of the N.O.I., but therewill be a discussion down the road.

Sit back and buckle up because its gonna be a long bumpy journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment